Best Holiday Décor Tips
If you’re anything like me, as soon as the leftovers were put away, you were ready to get the Christmas decorations out of storage. Did they leave you feeling a little uninspired? Making the decoration medley in the storage closet look great is a challenge every year. Today we share some tips for turning your eclectic collection of holiday décor into pure gold this holiday season.
1. If you want to make things simple, stick with a single theme and style for your holiday decorating. Shopping for décor becomes easier and it makes your space feel professionally finished.
2. When you open the door for your guests, the first thing they sense is the smell of your home. Make sure it’s pure heaven they get a whiff of by strategically placing high quality scented candles near your entry and throughout the home. A pleasant aroma adds a level of authenticity to your holiday gathering. Better yet, bake some holiday cookies shortly before guests arrive. Anything with cinnamon or cloves will do the trick. Homemade gingerbread works beautifully too. Bonus, as mentioned in our last post, candlelight makes your space warm and inviting.
3. Choose two to three colors for your holiday palette and keep it consistent. More than one color palette can make your decor appear disjointed and busy.
4. Get creative with your space for this special time of year. Rearrange your furniture so the focal point is the fireplace with stockings hung or the tree. If you don’t have a fireplace, arrange the furniture to create the best layout for cozy conversations with family and friends.
5. Become a collector. Choose a sentimental item you can grow through the years that can also be passed on to the next generation.
6. Bring the holiday celebration into every room. Kitchens and bathrooms are great places to put scented candles and smaller seasonal knickknacks.
7. The holiday season is one time where “less is more” does NOT apply. Have fun and do it up big!